Sunday 15 April 2012

Experimenting with different types of repeats using the plant I have chosen for my print


Over the past few days I have been experimenting on Photoshop by creating different types of prints using the plant I have photographed in order to decide which print type I want to do for the assessment.
I tried the full drop repeat first. I cut out the plant imperfectly from the image and made a quick picture then created a pattern from it and made a full drop repeat. It wasn’t difficult and looked ok (although I wouldn’t say I would choose the pink background again). This is what it looked like:




Next I tried the toss repeat which was much more difficult and labour intensive. I overlapped a few, also imperfect, cut outs of the plant to create my image and then tried turned it into a pattern and formed a toss repeat. However, even though the process of making the pattern wasn’t so difficult, the track marks are visible in this print because I did not take my time to perfect the image.
This is what it looked like:



I think for my assessment I’m going to attempt the toss repeat and see how I go. If I can’t perfect it or get rid of the track marks then I will change and do the full or half drop because they are much easier to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment