Wednesday 18 April 2012

Selections from the photographs that I will use for the Print Design

 I have started creating my design using the photographs I have taken of this plant. So far I have cut out one of the flowers from the plant (as shown in the image). It took quite a while to perfect the edges. After I cut it out I enhanced the colours and the lighting and then used the "dry brush" tool to change the texture of the plant and make it appear slightly subtle without changing the natural appearance of the plant drastically. I then used the spot healing brush tool to remove the imperfections of the plant. Because it has a natural velvety texture there were a lot of marks and prints of the plant in the initial image so i had to remove it to give it a more aesthetic appearance.

I did a similar process with this part of the plant. I cut it out (which was more difficult than the first one) and then enhanced the colours and lighting however it did not need the spot healing tool and i did not use the dry brush tool for this. I left it looking realistic. 



So far these a re the only two parts I have cut out from the photographs I have taken that i will use for the print design. I'm working on a sketch but i don't think i will put it in because it ruins the realistic appearance of my print but i am willing to experiment and see what it might look like. Also i am considering making a paint brush out of the pink flower to use in my print design, but I'm also not sure about this. I also nee don't test that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment